miércoles, 10 de mayo de 2017

Letter of request

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I have been offered the position of assistant systems engineer and it was supposed for me to start working on March 1st, but I have the regret to inform you that I will not be able to assist by that date.
    Unfortunately, there has been a car accident in which my father was involved, and in this moment he is in intensive therapy. He will be allowed to leave the hospital by March 6th, although he needs to be taken care of strictly for at least two months. Besides, my sister will be in the university and she cannot return until the third week of March, and as a result, it is me who must look after my father.
    I am really sorry for the circumstances, but it is for sure that it will not happen twice. Firstly, my father is not going to drive for at least a year. Secondly, once my sister is back, she will be responsible on watching my father for the remaining time he needs.
    Due to this inconvenience, I propose the following solution. I shall start working on April 1st and I will not be absent nor late for the whole month. In that case, I would make up for the month I could not work for.
    I am very thankful for your attention, for any question, please have no hesitation in contacting me.
Yours faithfully,
                                    Mark Holmes

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario